Operate appliances using IFTTT from Google Home
In this tutorial we will explain how to operate appliances from Google Home using IFTTT. Here, we will explain how to switch input of TV from Google Home with the keyword "input switching" (it can be set for lighting and AC in the same procedure).
Those who are using IFTTT for the first time, please finish initial setting of IFTTT first.
1. In the IFTTT app, go to My Applets screen and press "+" in the upper right.
2. Press "this".
3. In Search service, enter "Google Assistant" and select Google Assistant.
4. Select "Say a simple phrase".
5. Press Connect.
6. Select the account you used to sign up for Google Assistant.
7. Press "Allow".
8. Decide how to interact with Google Assistant. Please enter as follows.
What do you want to say? (What do you want to use as a keyword): Turn on the TV ※ 1
What do you want the Assistant to say in response?(How do you want you to respond to it?): Sure
* 1 Depending on the keyword, it does not work well, so please rectify after registering.
* 2 By entering another keyword also in "What's another way to say it?" or "And another way?", you can operate the appliance in multiple patterns.
You can turn on and off the TV with one IFTTT applet by registering “input switching“ in "What's another way to say it?", because the operations of turning it on and off are conducted with the same signal.
9. Press "that".
10. In “Search service”, enter "Remo" and select Nature Remo.
11. Select "Control home appliances".
* If you want to control the AC, select "Turn on air conditioner" or "Turn off air conditioner" here.
12. Select the button of the appliance you want to control. Here we choose the button "Source" of the appliance "TV（テレビ）".
13. After confirming the contents, press "Finish".
14. When registration is completed, the following screen appears. Now if you talk to Google Home "OK, Google, input switching", you will be able to switch input of TV !